Want to hear more about us? Review some common questions answered below.
We have an on staff resident service coordinator who is here to help. They will be organizing community events and services. We encourage our residents to meet with service coordinator. For any questions or to set up a meeting please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
While renter’s insurance is not a requirement of your residency at Indy Flats, we strongly encourage all of our residents to obtain renter’s insurance. It protects your personal property if anything happens, and can pay for any damage or loss to the apartment property. Like everyone at Indy Flats, you are responsible for damage or loss to apartment property, and your person caused by fire, vandalism, water damage, and other injurious acts or crime.
Important Telephone Numbers
Emergency Services: 911
Police Department: (317) 327-6100
Within 48 hours of your service request (excluding weekends), a Indy Flats associate will respond. If special parts or outside services are required, we’ll take care of those arrangements for you and complete your request as quickly as possible. To make sure you get the service you deserve, please direct all requests to the Indy Flats office or on our website. We’ll do everything we can to solve the problem.
Our on-call maintenance technician will be happy to assist you with the following 24-hour emergency items:
- No electricity throughout the apartment
- No water throughout the apartment
- No heat in extremely cold temperatures (60 degrees or below)
- Water coming into your apartment (i.e. flooding, leaks, etc.)
- Toilet not working (if you only have one bathroom)
- Possibilities of fire from electrical sparks, burning odor, or detection of smoke. If a fire occurs, call 911 first!
- Anytime your apartment security is compromised (i.e. broken window, damaged lock, etc.)
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please dial 911!
Meanwhile, here are a few guidelines for handling some possible issues:
Electrical (power failure)
- Determine if there is an area power failure and that your electricity payments are up to date.
- Check your circuit breakers. Turn them all to the “OFF” position, then turn to the “ON” position.
- Call our office if an area power failure is not evident and step two does not restore power.
Plumbing (stoppage or overflow)
- Turn off the “shut off” valve nearest the fixture. Note: To do so, turn the shut-off valve a quarter to the right.
- Do not use fixture.
- Call our office.
Keys and Locks
If you are locked out of your apartment after hours, please contact a local locksmith. We do not assist with lockouts after office hours.
If you require pest control service, please contact our leasing office and we will be happy to schedule a pest control appointment for you. You will be asked to secure all pets during this pest control visit.
A GFI shuts off electric power to the outlet when there is too much power being used. You can push the RESET button on the outlet to turn the power back on. Please call the office if it does not reset.
Each apartment is equipped with smoke detectors. If the detector has a habit of going off on a consistent basis, please contact maintenance. Please do not attempt to remove your smoke detector, it is there for both your safety and your neighbors.
When you move in, your apartment will be fully equipped with light bulbs in all of the permanent fixtures.
Residents will be responsible for purchasing and installing any regular light bulbs after initial move-in.
If you have any questions regarding types of bulbs or how to change a light bulb, please contact the leasing office.
Caring for Your Apartment
Your apartment must be kept clean and trash needs to be disposed of at least weekly in the appropriate receptacles.
Caring for Your Community
Disturbances & Noises
Noise can be a nuisance, and at Indy Flats, we ask all of our residents to be considerate of their neighbors when entertaining, using their television or stereo, or using appliances and vacuum cleaners late at night. If you reside in an upstairs apartment that also means avoiding running, jumping, or slamming doors.
If you are experiencing a noise concern, please let our leasing staff know and we will address the issue promptly.
Grounds & Breezeways
We try to keep the grounds and public areas clean, neat and attractive for everyone to enjoy. Some basic community guidelines to help us stay beautiful are:
Please make sure your garbage goes straight from your apartment to the community trash receptacles. We do not allow bags of trash to be left in hallways or common areas.
Please take care to clear personal belongings from outside your front door. We love to see a standard front door mat, potted plant, and seasonal decor gracing your entry, but anything else doesn’t really help in our community efforts to keep things looking neat and clean.
Please remember that smoking is not allowed in our common areas or hallways.
Finally, please show respect for landscaped areas, shrubbery, and trees. We work hard to keep the grounds looking great and appreciate your help in keeping them that way.
Weapons & Firearms
Displaying or discharging fireworks, guns, slingshots, or any type of firearm or weapon is strictly prohibited. Violation of this policy by any resident, occupant, or guest may result in the immediate termination of the lease contract.
All vehicles parked in community parking areas must be in working condition and have current registration tags. Additionally, we must ask that if you do not intend to operate your vehicle for an extended period of time that you park in less premium parking spaces as a courtesy to your neighbors. Vehicles in violation of the following guidelines will be towed without notice at the owner’s expense:
- Vehicles not displaying the proper parking tags
- Abandoned vehicles and disabled cars
- Vehicles with expired license plates
- Vehicles parked in fire lanes
- Vehicles parked in handicap zones
- Vehicles blocking the trash receptacles or other vehicles
Leasing & Rents
Rent Payment Guidelines
Please make your rent payments by personal check, certified check or money order, or through our online payment system. You are welcome to drop off rent checks in the office, or for after-hours payment, please use our rent drop box.
- Cash and partial payments cannot be accepted.
- Remember to clearly write your apartment number on the check or money order.
- Delinquent rent payments are subject to late charges, as well as, legal fees and court costs. If rent has not been received by the 5th day of the month, a late fee of $35 will be due on the morning of the 6th day. If rent has not been received by the 10th day of the month, the account will be submitted for eviction and will be subject to legal fees.
- Bank returned checks will not be re-deposited. In addition to late charges, the resident incurs a N.S.F. charge of $25 over and above the amount of the check as well as the late fees.
- Checks returned by the bank must be redeemed within 48 hours with a cashier’s check or money order. Two returned checks will necessitate that for a period of 12 months, rent payments are made only by cashier’s check or money order.
We will contact you in advance of your lease expiration date to introduce renewal options and explain any changes to lease terms and rental rates. The lengths of renewal lease terms vary, but usually do not exceed twelve months. If you choose not to renew, your lease requires a 30-day written notice to vacate.
Transferring to Another Apartment
We want you to stay with us for a long time, so if you find your current home no longer meets your needs, consider transferring to another apartment home within the community. We will be happy to assist you in finding an apartment that will meet your new requirements.
We understand things come up and plans change! Indy Flats allows you to break your lease with a 60 day written notice and a lease break fee equal to two month’s rent.
We will not discriminate in the leasing and management of our community on the basis of sex, age, marital status, race, creed, ancestry, color, religion, national origin, gender, handicap, sexual orientation, or familial status.
These principles are guaranteed by law, meaning that we cannot and will not provide different adult and family sections of the apartment community nor require one set of rules for certain residents and another set of rules for others.
We promise to provide all residents and guests with the same courteous treatment and application of company and community guidelines.
To assure a quality lifestyle for all residents, we have established occupancy guidelines for the maximum number of persons that can occupy each floor plan type: Two occupants in a one bedroom, four occupants in a two bedroom, and six occupants in a three-bedroom floor plan. If you experience a change in family size that puts your family outside the guidelines, please contact the office to assist you with the transition.
Pet Deposit: $300 ($200 refundable)
Pet Rent: $25/month/pet
Breed restrictions apply - please call for details
2 Pet Maximum
Security Deposit: $200
Application Fee: $16.50 per person
Surface Parking: $25